Date: Tuesday, 28th March 2017
Where: The Park Hotel, Dungarvan
This ‘Get Greenway Ready!’ seminar is designed give you all the information you need about the new Waterford Greenway, including the future plans for promotion and tourism. Aimed at all existing businesses, potential businesses and community groups, the seminar will also explore how you can go about developing or expanding your business to take advantage of this fantastic new development.
The possibilities presented by the Greenway are endless – this event is an important opportunity to discuss how we as a county can secure the greatest impact for our region. This event will give you a chance to network, make contacts and find out more about the services and facilities already in place. A range of agencies and institutions will be on hand to outline what they can offer, from support and advice to funding and grants.
The Seminar will feature a number of short presentations:
- RIKON/WIT School of Business report on their detailed study of the Greenway
- Failte Ireland detail how the Greenway fits into the ‘Ireland’s Ancient East’ concept
- Local Enterprise Office & Waterford Council highlight funding and opportunities
- Waterford Leader Partnership on local funding and projects
- Helen O'Mahony from O'Mahony’s Pub in Durrow and Helen Ridgard of Kilmacthomas Social Enterprise Group will speak on the early impact of the Greenway from a personal and community perspective
- Naoive Coggin of Browne’s Self Catering shares her experience of the value of community networking and referrals.
- Angelo Hurley, Lecturer in Tourism Management at WIT will deliver a presentation on the Greenway as an economic resource
This free event is a Dungarvan & West Waterford Chamber Seminar for businesses organised in association with Waterford City & County Council & Waterford Local Enterprise Office.
Places will be limited so booking is essential - contact 058 45054 or email
to secure your place.