Waterford Chamber is officially authorised by the Dept. of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovationand Chambers Ireland to issue and certify export documentation such as Certificates of Origin (EU Certs, Arab/Irish Certs), invoices and additional documentation.
For more information about Certificates of Origin contact Waterford Chamber at 051 872639.
Certificates of Origin
A Certificate of Origin is a document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country (country of origin). Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all.
A Certificate of Origin facilitates the movement of goods/shipments through customs. These trade documents are prepared by a number of Chambers in Ireland, including Waterford Chamber. The cost of EU Certificates and Arab-Irish Certificates is €28 + VAT @ 23% per certificate.
Invoices and additional documentation
€35 + VAT @ 23% per set of documents
Arab-Irish Certificates are required for the following countries:
- People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Kingdom of Bahrain
- Republic of Iraq
- Republic of Djibouti
- Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- State of Kuwait
- Republic of Lebanon
- The Great Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Kingdom of Morocco
- Sultanate of Oman
- State of Qatar
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Somali Democratic Republic
- Republic of Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Republic of Tunisia
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Republic of Yemen
Rules to be observed regarding Arab-Irish Certificates of Origin
- All local Chambers must only issue and certify Arab-Irish Certificates of Origin for the 19 Arab countries that the Joint Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce represents.
- Although some exporters may insist, under no circumstances may a European Certificate of Origin be issued or certified for an Arab Country.
- Only Arab-Irish Certificates of Origin which Waterford Chamber has issued should only be certified by them i.e. they are not to be certified by another Chamber.
- Once the Arab-Irish certificate is authorised by Waterford Chamber, exporters must then forward it to the Arab Irish Chamber for certification.
- Waterford Chamber, on a quarterly basis, issues the JAICC with a list of companies who they issue Certificates of Origin to. With this list, the JAICC will know if exporters are using the Certificate of Origin correctly.
- Failure to have the Arab-Irish certificate certified by the Arab Chamber could cause shipment delays further down the line.
EUR1 & ATR Certificates
For EUR1 & ATR Certificates contact:
Customs & Excise
Tel: 051 862212
Fax: 051 862252